FAQs - Details


The other parent is very far behind in child support payments and isn’t making any effort to pay (or has never paid). What can be done about this?


Tracking down a non-paying parent is frustrating for both custodial parents and case managers.


However, there are several approaches we can take to hold absent parents responsible for their child support.  Some of these include flagging possible tax refunds for intercept, submission to parent locate services, reports to credit bureaus, passport suspension, and license suspension; including driver’s licenses, professional licenses and hunting licenses.  When administrative remedies fail, contempt action is filed against the absent parent.  This action may result in a jail sentence.